Easy Baked Mac & Cheese
I crave mac & cheese like I crave a good book, but sometimes the boxed variety just doesn't hit right. The reason most people reach for the boxed mac & cheese is because its easy bit what if I tell you that you can make a delicious cheesy mac in just twice the time but way more fulfilling?
Well, I got you! Here is my go-to cheesy Mac & cheese baked pasta recipe. Hope you enjoy!
block of shredded white cheddar
block of shredded sharp orange cheddar
Block of shredded Gloucestershire cheese or Asiago cheese
2-4 cups milk (depending on how thick you want the cheese sauce)
1/2 cup flour (add more for thickening)
Half a block of butter (trust me!)
4 gloves garlic shredded (lightly golden it in frying pan)
Salt & pepper
1/4 of breadcrumbs
1. Cut the blocks of cheese up into small chunks.
2. Add them to medium sized pot with the milk and butter.
3. Turn the stove onto a medium flame, lower if needed.
4. Cover pot with a lid and stir occasionally until melted.
5. Add in flour and stir until well combined.
1. Boil pasta according to the packaging.
2. Drain and stir the cheese sauce into the pasta pot.
3. Cook the garlic in a frying pan and add into mixture.
4. Salt and pepper the mac as needed. Additionally you can add pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder and/or green onion.
1. In a baking dish, add the mac & cheese
2. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top with some grated cheddar cheese (you can additionally add parmesan).
3. Bake at 375f for 15 minutes or until the top is golden.
4. Serve while hot!